The NSW Government’s $200 million Wyong Hospital redevelopment will significantly enhance healthcare on the Central Coast and meet the growing needs of our community.
When complete, the redevelopment will deliver an increase in overall service capacity with the development of a new services building.
The new building will include:
- a new and expanded Emergency Department
- a new and expanded Intensive Care Unit
- a new Psychiatric Emergency Care Centre
- a new Paediatric Unit
- a new and expanded Medical Imaging Department
- a new and expanded Medical Assessment Unit
- additional inpatient beds with future expansion space
In parallel with construction of the new building, refurbishment of some areas of the existing hospital will be undertaken to expand the infrastructure.
The refurbishment of the existing hospital will include:
- more operating theatre capacity
- an expanded Medical Day Unit
- an expanded Transit Lounge
Main works construction of the new hospital building is expected to commence in late 2019.
Works are expected to be completed in early 2022.